Protecting myself - physical

Started by Blueberry, July 25, 2018, 07:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Last night we had a choir outing. One of the men, an older one, makes a kind of joke of shaking your hand with a steel-like grip and shaking a bit too long too. This time it hurt across the back of my hand. And I objected. He tried to make a joke about it as well as telling me the name of the bones / ligaments affected. I did not allow myself to be deflected. I told him to lay off and not do it again. One person was standing close by and actively listening while others might also have heard. That didn't deter me though in times gone by it would've.

There's still some part of me - ICr. I guess - berating me for 1) making a fuss about nothing  2) being mean to a senior citizen
3) making myself look and sound 'ridiculous' (thanks FOO for all those messages, NOT). But I stand by what I did and said.  :cheer:

Hope67

Hi Blueberry,
:cheer: for this - hopefully the man will think about his behaviour - and not do it again.  I also wonder what the person actively listening might have thought - and in my mind, I heard "Wow, finally someone has pointed out that annoying man's tendency to hurt people by crushing their hands - I hope he listens and changes his behaviour".
I think it's great.
Hope  :)

Contessa

Nice BB. What a way to assert boundaries. A satisfying victory for the self :)