Getting hurt more while trying to find help.

Started by Debora, July 31, 2018, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debora

An organisation here in Australia gave me the name of a psychologist to try out, I had an online session with her, she said she was happy to see me. Then emails me a few days later to say she won't see me.
The same day I hear that my support worker, who I see once a week and like, wont see me anymore because last time we met I was really sad and crying and emotional. The support organisation said to me that support workers are for social support....not emotional support. FFS. I really hate people.

Eyessoblue

Hi, that's is so bad, I really feel for you and can imagine how you must be feeling.
So they said you were too upset etc, did they not offer you somewhere else to go?
Surely they haven't just left you with nothing?
It sounds to me like you desperately need to be referred to someone else, they've done such a bad job if that's their opinion of you.
Did the psychologist say why she then couldn't see you?
You must be feeling so frustrated and I wish I could help you more.
I too just cry non stop during my Cbt sessions, the therapist is trying to give me strategies to keep me going but she has no idea how I'm actually feeling and telling me to go out and have a long walk just isn't helpful.
Like you probably feel I feel  like I've lost all hope and people just don't understand.
I really hope you can be offered something or someone else, you know you can use this site to get help whenever you need to, or just ranting your frustrations on here like I regularly do should help you to feel more validated in how you're feeling.

Kizzie

I can understand how devastating and hurtful this must be for you Debora.  We are so vulnerable and even professionals don't seem to get that sometimes.  :pissed:

Do you know about the Blue Knot Foundation in Australia?  It was founded by a physician who has CPTSD.  They have a hotline (and lots of others resources) that perhaps you can draw on:

Blue Knot Helpline (1300 657 380) is staffed by professional counsellors who provide short-term telephone counselling, information, support and referrals.

Blue Knot does a lot of trauma informed training of professionals so no doubt they can help you find someone who will be a good fit for you.

Debora

Hi Kizzie,

I am aware of Blue Knot. They have referred me to a 'trauma informed' therapist. She had no idea what she was doing. She actually said to me...I'm at a lost, I apologise'.

I need hope that there is help out there.

Kizzie

Maybe let them know what happened so they can look into this and work with you to find someone who is more knowledgeable and experienced with Complex PTSD?