Can I Have a Do Over or Move Over?

• 12 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can I Have a Do Over or Move Over?
« on: August 02, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
It's my birthday and I'd like a do over or more accurately a move to another month please.   

We're under evacuation alert from a wild fire.  Last year  we were apart for my 3 months due to the wild fires (my H works for Emergency Management) which stretched over both our birthdays and our anniversary.

It's triggering because of last year and being under evac alert now, but at least my H is home (working from home because the fire is threatening our town).  And we do have plans for a lovely meal at a winery we go to for special days (but I'd still like to move my bday to another month though ;D).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:01:02 PM by Kizzie »

Sceal

• View Profile
Re: Can I Have a Do Over or Move Over?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  :cheer:

I hope that it will be a wonderful dinner at the winery, and that it will be a sweet and nice evening, despite being on high alert for the forest fires.

You can always choose to celebrate another month next year, decide your birthday is the month before or after. :)

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
Happy Birthday!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cake: :phoot: :party:       Here's some water: :sharkbait: :umbrella:

Maybe you could do a re-celebration on the 2nd of whatever month you choose?

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 06:28:50 PM »
Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday!!!!!! :party: :cake: :bighug:

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
 :cake:  Happy Birthday!!!

:umbrella: ...and big hopes for rains to snuff the wildfires...

alliematt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:12 PM »
First off, happy birthday.
Second off, I'm sorry about the wildfires.

In a book I read many years ago, two people who had been born early in January decided to change their birthdays to another month so that the Christmas holidays wouldn't interfere with their birthdays.  They drew up some funny, quasi-legal documents to make the "change" "official."  Maybe that's an idea?

Jdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 11:40:20 PM »
Happy birthday, Kizzie!  Yes, the wildfire evacuations are so pervasive in my area as well and I send love and support your way.  Our skies are full of particulates. 

Birthdays can be portable, IMHO, so celebrate whenever it feels right. :hug:

Laura90

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 07:01:44 AM »
Happy Birthday Kizzie!!
It's your beautiful birthday so you set the party agenda  ;)

:cheer: :party: :phoot: :yourock: :fireworks: :boogie: :yahoo:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
Awww, tks everyone  :grouphug:   

I wish I could say the day was OK but alas .....    :dramaqueen:

I had a follow-up appointment for a sleep study I had done about 3 weeks ago and found out not only do I have Restless Legs Syndrome but severe sleep apnea.   What the heck?!?!?!   I went in expecting some advice about the whole RLS thing (which my GP and I already knew about but needed confirmation about how it was affecting my sleep or lack thereof),  so it was quite the shock to say the least.  :aaauuugh:

Also, I wasn't feeling all that good when I got up and ended up crashing when I got home with an ear ache, sore throat, headache and weepy eyes - sinus infection, cold, smoke allergy  :Idunno:   The sleep study news no doubt did not help matters.

So, we did not get out to the winery but will as soon as I feel better.  I may just move my birthday to Sept next year as it does seem to be jinxed lol. 

PS - The fire has grown and is the largest in our province, but so far the wind is blowing it away from us.  Hope your fires die down JDog  :yes:

Jdog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 07:14:48 PM »
So sorry to hear of the unsettling health report, Kizzie! Rest up and feel better soon.  Sometimes things just come at as all at once, seemingly without warning.  I am sending virtual chicken soup your way (and if you are vegan or vegetarian, then substitute a soup of your choosing). 

The fires in California are not nearby, but the fact that they have been go8ngnon for so long means that breathing is not too easy for some of us.  In my case, it has limited the type of outdoor activities I can do somewhat. 

Prayers and good thoughts to all who are suffering during this time of heat and dryness. 

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »
Happy late Birthday, Kizzie!!  :cheer: Sorry about the fires, my D was a firefighter during somw of those times so I understand the pressure. I hope you got you beautiful birthday dinner  :hug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
Tks Elph  :)  Yesterday we did make it out to the winery which is in the next valley over (no fire or smoke there) and had a lovely meal.  The restaurant is perched high on a hill and is all glass so can see for a long way in all directions.  Beautiful and so good for the soul.  Unfortunately the mountains and hills in our valley are not looking good  - burnt up and burning. We really need some rain, but our forecast is for continuing hot and dry weather   :thumbdown:   

The virtual soup helped JDog, I am feeling better.  Unfortunately that fine smoke particulate floats a long way and gets into everything especially lungs. I truly hope this extreme weather is NOT the new normal around the world.   

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:28:20 PM by Kizzie »

Jdog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
Glad you and your H were able to celebrate with a nice meal, after all.  Back at you in hoping this scorching is not a new normal, but something tells me that is the case after all.