Does getting justice help with healing?

Started by safetyinnumbers, August 03, 2018, 12:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safetyinnumbers

Has anyone here achieved justice via court means for their abuse?
Does it help bring healing and closure?
My abuser was just charged by the police for his abuse of me.

mourningme

Hi safetyinnumbers. Im sorry i cannot answer your question as my perps never saw justice. What I so long for is that my first one was exposed before he passed away. I saw your post and I was so happy for you becsuse in my personal situation, the fact that my perps "got away" with what was done to me, I feel for me, is a huge barrier to my "recovery" ( at this point recovery is like a sick joke being played against me, duping me into hoping for a better reality than this....something I dont see in my futire) and leaving me feeling so infinitely alone and unworthy of justice.
I honestly felt joy at the thought of your perp being thrown in jail and tossing the key. I feel happy for you that you were believed, you had the strength to pursue justice and I hope it gives you a deep reassurance that the person being punished is the one who committed crimes against you. You deserve to have these wrongs acknowledged and seen through and the criminal punished. 
I feel like I am the only one punished. I am the only one who still carries these anchors of despair.  Justice is up to me somehow relinquishing my life back but after 35 years I just never see it happening. All my running has just made me realize I can run forever but will never outrun my cptsd. I hope you find comfort in having this person pay for what they did. I truly am glad for you and hope my message is ok. Im sorry I cant answer your question but I can say alot for never getting justice and how much that fact weighs on my struggles.
Thanks for sharing, mm