Feeling good today

Started by Sasha, August 08, 2018, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

I feel great. Right now. Sitting here, in a cafe after a brilliant meeting.

Things have been so incredibly tough recently. I went to a community project near me yesterday to take part as a beneficiary and I realised I felt so timid and nervous. What has been going on the past few months, even over the past year, has been pretty scary and shaken me up.

Last night I went for a swim in the sea, watching a thunderstorm a few miles away. I lay on my back, floating in the waves and opened my mouth for the rain. I felt like there was a change, and like it was the beginning of something and the end of something else. A turning point of sorts.

After this I went home, made bread, and cooked myself a lovely evening meal. I slept well for what feels like the first time in a long time.

At this meeting just now I have been asked to be a trustee for a local charity due to my expertise. I also have a new job, starting tomorrow, and my freelance work is going well.

Tomorrow morning I will hopefully sign the paperwork for a new flat. I feel anxious as for four years now I have not been able to settle in one place for long, however I think it will feel good to try again, and I just hope and pray for a better, more peaceful time.

Wishing the best for all xxx

:grouphug:

Kizzie

How wonderful for you Sasha!  :applause:

Too often we talk about negatives here because Complex PTSD is so difficult.  It's positive and hopeful and just good for my soul to read posts like this so tks for sharing.  :hug:

Eyessoblue

Sasha that's fantastic good for you... sounds amazing floating in the sea in the rain watching a thunderstorm, I wish I could do that right now! Really embracing the weather here in the uk we've had a few thunderstorms and I can feel all the negative energy dispersing I find it very empowering as you obviously did too! Hope you continue to feel better.

Phoebes

That's wonderful, Sasha! Whoop whoop! Great momentum! How wonderful to float in the sea, literally one with nature.
I'm cheering for your new job and freelance work! Sounds amazing!  :cheer: