Myers Briggs - any other INFJs here?

Started by Snookiebookie, August 15, 2018, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snookiebookie

Hi

Just curious, are there any other INFJs on the forum?

For those that don't know, this one of the categories in the Myers Briggs (personality) Type Indicator.  There are four categories and two types in each category. So there are a possible of 16 combinations.

I've taken on line tests several times and always come out as INFJ. Tests and explanations of each category can be found on the net.

I'm not sure how accurate or relevant the test is. But I do seem to fit the INFJ category quite well. And I've wondered if that's the way my experiences have shaped me rather than some inherent personality type.

Deep Blue

I feel like I get different results depending which persona I use when I take the test.  The emotional side, true side, professional side and mom side all get different results

woodsgnome

I've always come in as a close relative to INFJ...but the J is a P in my case; so it comes to INFP, which feels very accurate, and also pretty rare., according to many descriptions.

radical

Ditto.
I redid the test a couple of weeks ago and I was INFP.
Years ago the result said INTP

Rainydaze

Quote from: Snookiebookie on August 15, 2018, 05:04:34 PM
I'm not sure how accurate or relevant the test is. But I do seem to fit the INFJ category quite well. And I've wondered if that's the way my experiences have shaped me rather than some inherent personality type.

I often wonder this too. I retake the Myers-Brigg test every now and again to see if time changes my answers but it always comes back INFJ. My brother also identifies as INFJ which makes me wonder whether the characteristics we have have been passed down through genes or are a result of conditioning. In all likelihood it's probably both as we both had it bad in similar scapegoat roles.

I also have quite a few of the symptoms of female autism and I wonder whether that's the way my brain has always been wired or whether they are actually symptoms of C-PTSD exacerbated by a natural introversion which was never nurtured correctly. I think too much, I know that much.  :dramaqueen: