He has CPTSD-She has CPTSD

Started by ColorfulGirl, September 05, 2018, 12:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColorfulGirl

I feel pretty crazy. I am in my mid forties and have little real trauma therapy in my past. I have some BPD symptoms but to not agree I am diagnosable as such. I am in love with another much mord severely affected and possibly BPD or DID guy! I may marry him but dear God we trigger eachogher s lot.

Luke57

Hi ColorfulGirl,

Welcome to the site. Good to see that you got a new thread going.

I can't say enough about how much therapy has done for me. Dealing with the abuse and trauma from my childhood is about all that has kept me half-way sane and alive over the past 20 years. However, it has been 15 years since my last go in therapy and have just recently started again. Over those years I've had a lot of upheaval in my life - unhealthy, failed relationships, drug use (clean for 8 years now), one of my sons own addiction problems, etc. After finally listening to recovery friends and reading books about trauma, it has become obvious to me that my flashbacks, dissociation and anxiety were out of control. I know that there must still be a lot of unresolved issues bouncing around in my mind and body. Why do I keep fighting a losing battle without help?

So, I decided its time for more T, Although I'm somewhat terrified at bringing up some of the old junk again, I feel that it will be well worth it. Even though my life may sound a bit crazy now, it is a million times better than the years before my first venture into T.

Hopefully joining this site will help you to feel a little less crazy. It certainly helps me. There are some amazing people on here who are very wise, understanding and helpful. I'm sure many of them have been where you are now. My major concern is that you're involved with someone who is a trigger for you. I've been down that path and it only led to more pain.

Good luck on your journey. I wish you the best.

Luke