Taking a break from technology/internet for the rest of September

Started by Hope67, September 08, 2018, 06:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

I have decided to take a break from the internet and smart phones etc, for the rest of September.  I've written about my reasons in my Journal - and I think it will be a good thing for me, and a bit of an experiment to help me to move forward from procrastination, and to help me to connect more with my inner children.  I think they need that attention, and whilst I shall miss this forum, I am looking forward to returning in October to catch up with people and re-connect.  I will be back sooner, if I find that it's not working, and I need to return sooner.
Hope  :)

Blueberry

It can be good to take a break from here and from internet in general  :yes: Wishing you well and I'll be interested to hear how things went when you come back on the forum.  :hug: :hug:

Kizzie

AncientSoul

I to have taken or am taking a break from this forum. This has been the only place for a long time that I felt comfortable talking about things that happened or are happening in my life. I was made to realize that I was posting too much in the wrong areas. Fact is, I didn't really realize where I should be posting.

I have found that at times I truly missed sharing here. And since I stopped, I've become more reclusive in my real life. Yet I continue to move forward.

It is difficult to be alone in life, but I would rather be alone than with someone who doesn't really want me around. I still engage with people, but on a more limited basis, and I miss the support I get here, or the possible help I may have provided from my experience in life.

In my own ways, I have embraced the lonliness in my life and continue to find answers.

AncientSoul

Hope67

Hi AncientSoul,
I hope you see my reply here - because I just saw yours today - which amazes me, as I often miss things - but I'm glad I didn't miss your reply here - I've been back to the forum since October, and whilst it was good to have a break, I felt good to be back, and feel like people here are like a functional family to me, which contrasts with my FOO - who I feel are dysfunctional and toxic.
I really hope that you will come back here when you want to, and that you'll reach out rather than be more reclusive - as I know from what you've said here that you missed sharing here, and so I think that means it's meaningful for you to do so.  Please don't take what I'm saying to be in any way that I'm suggesting what you should or shouldn't do - I'm just concerned that you might turn away from people who care about you - and I think there are many of us who care about what you say and who you are.
Anyway, sending you a supportive hug, AncientSoul  :hug: - if that's ok.

I notice that you concluded your reply with the words 'In my own ways, I have embraced the lonliness in my life and continue to find answers.' - I am glad that you find some answers, and I can see what you're saying about embracing loneliness - I think it can be ok to be alone sometimes, but the word 'lonely' it has many meanings - and remember that people do appreciate your presence and your kindness.

AncientSoul

Hope:

Thank you for your kindness. I'm having a lot of flashback memories that have been hitting me. It's a realization of mine that those experiences of mine make other's uncomfortable. I am also long winded, and that is not good. The one good thing is my ability to deal with so much while I am all alone. So no worries.

AncientSoul

Hope67

Hi AncientSoul,
I relate to things you've said there - I also feel that I am 'long-winded' but the thing is that it's not such a bad thing - at least I don't think so - it is often a way to try to talk and explain things - I hope you won't be too hard on yourself for that - maybe it's an inner critic thing?  Sorry to hear you're experiencing a lot of flashback memories at the moment.  I hope very much that you'll find a place to write here in the forum, as and when you want to.

I think it's tough to hold things inside, without a way of venting and talking about things - and I think that many of us experience harsh inner and outer critics that can stop us - but honestly, my experience has been that sharing those things is helpful.

Anyway, I'm just saying that I care, AncientSoul, and I very much hope you don't feel so alone - take care.