hello

Started by milk, September 09, 2018, 09:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milk

Aloha.

I am happy to be here.

About six years ago I realized I had symptoms of cPTSD not PTSD. I made this connection after relocating to a new city, starting a new job, making a new home, eating well, getting good exercise, and  standing (falling) in love. Everything I was doing was right but inside I was an emotional rollercoaster, crying almost everyday (happy and sad tears). I didn’t understand — I had been through years of therapy, self reflection, and  journaling: I was committed to living the best life possible. I was off medication for depression for over fifteen years - why now?

I was triggered and the trauma is complex.

Back then, I found support through a women’s clinic and an ADHD Forum as I was working through a diagnosis — I did not consider joining the PTSD Forum. I cant remember why, it was possibly too much to handle at the time.

Now, I find myself in a new city and the triggers are constant. I knew this would happen when I returned to a city close to my FOO. I am at the point of needing help —- this is what brings me to you all. I am grateful OOTS exists and I am committed to working through my recovery with you all.

I dont feel the need to go into my past history at this time — I will save if for a good discussion, in context to one another’s struggle. I believe in our human capacity to love and in that comes change. Every contribution I make whether passive or active is a step through my recovery which connects me to you. I am appreciative to be in your presence; for your stories and the courage it takes to show up.

Three Roses

Luke57

Hello,

Welcome to OOTS. I have only been a member on this site for a short time, but already the people here have made me feel right at home. I feel like I've made new friends and confidants. All have been very encouraging, whether I've responded to their posts or through reading their stories.

Its beautiful to read your words saying that your recovery will connect you with us. That's what happens here and what makes it all work so well.

Glad you're here.

Luke

milk

Thank you for your hello’s!  :hug:

I try to be clear in my writing, especially when there is vulnerability and emotion involved. It takes time for me to write — yet it’s well worth it. There is connection through vulnerability, it feels scary at first, but I know its going to be ok.  It does work well.

See you in the forum.