Weekends

• 4 Replies

Sceal

• View Profile
Weekends
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »
I was just wondering.. Am I alone in fearing the week-ends?

My few friends will be home, so I could visit them. And I'm sure it would do me some good. But all the support places, my psychologsit and my doctor, the are closed down. There's no place to go when the day gets too hard and difficult to handle.

For me, I dread every week-end when I'm stuck in a bad period, like now. Because I get so completely alone. (My friends and family know I struggle, but they don't know about what or about cPTSD, or the extent. We don't talk about stuff like that).

Laura90

• View Profile
Re: Weekends
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:58:30 PM »
Hi Sceal,
I certainly know what you mean about weekends. Running up to Friday eves I always have a sense of dread about the weekend, even when I try to tell myself "it's ok, I can make the weekends as I want".

Services being unavailable to access is maybe perhaps a background fear that sets off our heightened states of being.

I also find structure and routine helps me, and when it comes to weekends I have none of that.

Is there anything you do in the week days that helps keep you going as to say, that you can do at the weekends? Or do you feel like a sense of paralysis at weekends?

Hugs offered  :hug:
"I ask for the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference."

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:42:34 AM »
 :hug: thank you for the hug.

I do have things I can do, but I'm too far down to manage them alone.

I too like structure, structure preferably with a little flexibility.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Out of the Storm
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
I don't know if this would be helpful but you could call Befrienders and talk to someone who is non-judgemental and friendly.  They provide emotional support anyone who is in distress (not just those considering suicide), "to alleviate misery, loneliness, despair and depression by listening to anyone who feels they have nowhere else to turn."  You never know, it could be that a bit of warm and caring human contact might make a difference.   :hug:
When it comes to trauma, time does NOT heal all wounds. It is deeply embodied in our mind, body & spirit & requires compassionate, knowledgeable treatment & self-care.

If we want more/better trauma informed treatment & services, we must advocate for ourselves when & where we can.

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:44:57 AM »
Hello Kizzie,
Thank you for sharing that link.
I'm already using the options available in my country when I have enough courage. I prefer the chatlines rather than the phones, it's less scary.