Locked In My Office Crying

• 3 Replies

plantsandworms

• View Profile
Locked In My Office Crying
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »
I'm locked in my office right now so I can cry, after being involved with the HR dept at my office for several weeks due to boundary violations by a supervisor. I feel totally exhausted  from having to navigate this bureaucratic process in order to keep myself safe in the workplace, and on top of it I feel humiliated and like by the end my concerns (which were taken seriously initially) have been completely minimized after conversations between HR and said supervisor. Again and again I had to advocate for myself throughout this process and I feel like it was all for nothing. All it did was take my focus off of my work and force me into repeated conversations about violations that were ultimately dismissed as "freak occurrences" by someone I have had repeated issues with. This person is much older than me and in a position of power and I'm having a HUGE EF over it because of my FOO and all of the times I was interviewed by CPS or the police and ultimately nothing was ever done to protect me. Except now I'm an adult and people care even less. I feel like a bullied child.
“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.”
― Audre Lorde

Sceal

• View Profile
Re: Locked In My Office Crying
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 12:23:33 PM »
That's so awful to hear. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. You've been so brave for taking up this issue in the first place, and then they treat you so poorly, it's appalling! :(

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »
 :pissed:

Hard time with words today but I am in your corner.
Be willing to be a beginner every single morning. (Eckhart Tolle)

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 04:06:13 AM »
that sucks, p&w.  so very sorry this has happened.  all credit to you for your self-advocation, standing up for yourself, and seeing this thru.  these things shouldn't happen and it's terrible when they do.  right beside you, sweetie.  love and hugs.
learn something from everything.