Consequences of an axiety attack

Started by Sceal, September 21, 2018, 04:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

I rarely have 3 panic attacks/anxiety attacks in one day. Usually they are either prolongued never ending, or I remove myself completely from the trigger and refuse to come out of my hidey-hole until it's safe. But yesterday I had 3 in one day. I had one major one which I don't know how long I was fighting, because it started while I was blacked out (dissociating strongly), I just recall someone helping me out of it.

Normally when I have anxiety attacks I'm so worn out I sleep well during the night, but I kept waking up, I'm not sure if I was ever deep asleep to be honest. But I started getting pain in my legs which also kept waking me up. And by the time I was so much awake sleep wasn't going to come back, the pain was more intense. It's in my shins, so it feels like a intense case of shin splits in both my legs. My lower back, my * and my hip are also somewhat aching, but nothing compared to my shins.

I do struggle with alot of inflammation, I have a chronic low-grade inflammation in my body due to PCOS. But I can't remember having experienced this before, I do believe it's because of the anxiety attacks (unless, of course I did something I've no recollection of while being blacked out), but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone else have had such physical reactions after a panic attack or two?
I do have tense and tight muscles after alot of anxiety, but this is worse. I can barely walk.

Blueberry

Deep Blue

Hey Sceal,
Yes I've had very very sore muscles after a severe panic attack.  You had 3! So I figure I take my severe one and multiply it. 

Do you have a roller? Or a ball? Tennis balls are usually pretty good for that.  Roll it around the area that hurts.  Another thing I do is rub some topical ointment or put some frozen peas on as well. 

I'm so sorry you are in such pain Sceal.  It could very well be the stress but it could have been something you did while dissociated too.  I once dissociated and I guess bashed my knee pretty hard.  I don't remember it, but I wasn't alone and was told that's where the giant bruise came from

Self care as best as you can hon.  I'll meet you on the porch later if you like.  I'll bring some heating pads to help your muscles relax a bit  :hug: