Spammers

Started by Kizzie, September 25, 2018, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Blue

We really appreciate your hard work on this Kizzie.   :hug:

Kizzie

I did some reading about how to discourage spammers and instituted some of the things recommended.  The good news is there hasn't been 10-20 spammers trying to register every day so it looks like it's working. It makes it harder to register for those who are legit but this is the way it needs to be, at least for a while. 

That said, some spammers will inevitably sneak in so please report them  :yes:

Deep Blue

Kizzie,
You are working tirelessly on this and we are so grateful to you.  This place has become a safe space for many of us and We value you protecting it   :grouphug:

Blueberry

Kizzie

No spammers from Russia, China or anywhere for two days now.  I think we have cracked to code on this. Huzzah!  :yahoo: 

milk

Yay, great work! Thank you and others who helped to crack this.  :cheer:

I did think it was strange to see here— I was in a previous forum that had a similar issue, ADDitude, the moderators there did not have your talent. The forums support so many people looking for help outside of their support system IRL — anything we can do to make it "safeish" is key. Unfortunately with all the forums I have been in, mostly short term (I am a hardliner for IRL) there were always a few people who took pleasure in the vulnerability of others —- but they always moved on. Luckily :  )