Post Induction Therapy

Started by Black Adder, October 08, 2018, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Adder

Hi, My peeling of the onion has led me from serious self medication with alcohol, to being diagnosed with ADHD in adult life, then clinical depression and co-dependency and finally cPTSD!. And getting an understanding of this condition has finally started to make sense of life! In looking for sources for treatment I have come across the work of Pia Melody at The Meadows (www.themeadows.com). Although her work is labelled co-dependency it is rooted in childhood trauma and the impact that this condition has in adult life.

Pia herself is a survivor of childhood trauma and dependency on alcohol so as a therapist she is talking from the viewpoint of 'being there'. I am currently reading one of her books 'Facing Co-dependency' and this must be one of the best i have come across alongside Pete Walkers.

They run workshops - Survivors 1 & II. I believe these are based on a therapy technique the meadows developed and are using around the world called  - Post Induction Therapy (PIT). My question is has anyone out there been on these workshops &/or had any experience of PIT?

I would also be interested if anyone can point me to other effective therapies that have been used by anyone. I am fairly new to this community, blogging, etc. so please excuse me if I am asking a question that has been discussed before.

Many thanks in advance to your responses.

All the very best

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, Black Adder! We're happy to have you with us.

This could be a question for Kizzie, I personally have not heard of post induction therapy but Kizzie is up-to-date on all the new therapies and information. Hopefully she'll log on soon and we'll see what she says.

Again, welcome, thanks for joining! :heythere: