Ayhuasca

Started by Knowunknown, October 11, 2018, 02:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knowunknown

This is becoming a stronger and stronger option for me.  I'm curious as to recommendations made by members who have "gone there", not videos youtube videos from others. 

Kizzie

Hi Knowunknown - I removed the poll because we can't recommend drugs here which are currently illegal in many countries.  The most members can do is share their experience  with it and let you decide for yourself. 

If you want some credible info backed up be research you might want to visit the MAPS web site.  They are conducting clinical trials for many different psychoactive substances including Ayhuasca.

sigiriuk

Hi Knowunknown
Of all the psychedelics, Ayahuasca, and DMT, is the one with unpredictable effects.
I do not think that entering a hallucinatory state, is more curative than any other intoxicant.

The whole premise, of getting stoned on one's own, is pretty autistic, and isolationist.
You are in effect recreating a childhood experience: dealing with frightening, painful images and experiences, all by yourself, with no-one to support you, and no-one to share the experience with you.

If you still want to go down that route, then use something tried and trusted, like psilocybin mushrooms or truffles.
Get stoned in  front of someone you really trust, who is sober, and can guide the trip, in a therapeutic way.
Doing it alone is for amateurs!
And you ain't no amateur, else you wouldn't be asking, would you?

Kizzie

I'm with Slim Knowunknown, if you're going to try a psychedelic plse don't do so alone. I don't know if you had a look at the MAPS site but there are legal clinical trials of various psychedelics taking place around the world that offer therapeutic support. Now they are for PTSD but they may consider you I don't know.

Bottom line for you (and anyone) considering psychedelics as a way of dealing with trauma, it's not something to try alone and is best done with therapeutic support.  :yes: