Bipolar query ?

Started by Eyessoblue, October 07, 2018, 08:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Hi, does anyone know if bipolar and cptsd are in any way linked/or how would you know if you had both?
I know you're not medical professionals on here but I can't make sense of my erratic mood, I literally go from being on a real cheerful happy high like I can do anything to a crashing depressed low where I just want to stay in bed all day and not face the world. I feel like I get caught up in between the 2 and aren't quite sure which one I am.
I had an assessment a few years ago for bipolar, I ticked every box apart from one about sexual activity, the question asked was do I use sex in a dangerous or controlling manner which I answered no to and then was told I wasn't bipolar but had ptsd instead. Or are cptsd and bipolar symptoms similar in anyway? I'm just confused by all the different diagnoses of things and aren't really sure where I sit with it all.

Boy22

Hi Eyessoblue,

I can only speak for myself, and I have had two separate psychitric assessments this year that both agree I have CPTSD, chonic complex pain syndrome and mild dissociative disorder.

I too can cycle through highs and lows in moods and energy. Its what one of the psychiatrists mentioned, he called it my boom bust cycle. I am working with an exercise physiologist to try and improve on that.

Eyessoblue

Thank you, sorry to hear what you are going through, there are so many diagnoses out there and trying to get the right one is difficult isn't it. Hope you're getting the right help for yourself.