hello, new here

Started by Rainbow2, October 21, 2018, 09:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbow2

hello, i am new here.

I have been through a lot of trauma in my life, emotional neglect as a kid and later into adulthood i went through abuse related traumas.  Sometimes i feel so confused, and i have this feeling of .. '' but why me '' '' why so much trauma '' .

I deal with dissociation, depersonalisation, derealisation , i also have a number of different parts of myself. I also deal with noise distortions which at times can be quite distressing and upsetting.

Although i do not have a specific diagnosis, i have been through a lot of traUma .

I hope this forum to be of some type of help to me.

Boy22

Hello and welcome Rainbow2,

I too have noise issues, even pleasant music if played too loud or too long becomes physical pain.

And I have only recently begun to discover and explore the different parts of me.

Rainbow2

thankyou bhay  :)

i do have a therapist . i will be sure to look around this site, thankyou

Rainbow2

thankyou boy22  .

for me its more about the distress the noise distortions can cause, ... i do not experience physical pain but emotional . and when noises sound weird i end up feeling more trapped at times..

Boy22

Quote from: Rainbow2 on October 23, 2018, 06:08:46 PM
thankyou boy22  .

for me its more about the distress the noise distortions can cause, ... i do not experience physical pain but emotional . and when noises sound weird i end up feeling more trapped at times..
yes, our experiences are different but not dissimilar. As I wake each morning and close the bedroom windows to the traffic sounds I experience a release of tension, tense only moments after waking?