Finding some family of origin

Started by sigiriuk, October 21, 2018, 10:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigiriuk

Being adopted can be weird.
Today, i met for the first time, the only person (other than my son) who shares some of my DNA. And she is lovely, and normal!! So is her husband and their little boy.
We found each other through DNA testing.
My adoptive parents have always refused to discuss my origins - it is an aspect of the abusive relationship they engender. It is a form of control, and done out of spite and malice.
I am happy that I met them. Not sure how I feel and how to process the experience.
Slim

Kizzie

Oh wow Slim, how wonderful for you (although disconcerting too I'm sure).   :)

I think I mentioned in another post in one of your threads way back when that I watch a show "Lost Family" (the US one) which is about finding biological family.  One of the feelings most adoptees seem to have is that finally connecting with biological family fills a hole they had in their hearts.   

Is she able to shed light on the rest of your biological family?

Three Roses

Congrats on finding more family! And bonus that they're people you can relate to. Awesome!

milk

Slim :  ) Congratulations on finding blood family!

Enjoy getting to know one another (filling in the blanks and making new experiences)  - sometimes not thinking too much about it helps. I was in a similar situation when my brother and I found our father 26yrs. later through family and children services. It’s weird, for sure - hahaha I am SO happy for you - a chance to make a connection and to grow with one another is gift.

*milk