First aid kits

Started by Rainagain, December 01, 2018, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainagain

Wondered if people might post what is in their first aid kit, what they reach for in an emergency that helps. If I've used up my kit I could then try yours.

Mine would be:

A warm hat (can't explain it, try it)

Bob Marley - redemption song

Nothing else matters (metallica) played fingerpick style (several versions on utube)

Jordan b Peterson (almost anything he says, utube again).

Interacting with my dogs

Mindfulness (just focus on the feel of your feet on the ground, nothing clever)

Playing guitar (last resort)

Singing or humming, anything to divert myself from my head.

Wattlebird

This is good, I was surprised by the warm hat as I wear something on my head every night can't sleep without it, usually a bandana or when it's hot more of a head band, but it's definitly a comfort thing,
Others are
Music usually Florence and the machine
I have a photo album made for this purpose as well, it works well,
My dogs
A swim
A bath
Harry Potter audiobooks haha I know but it works for me, (escape the real world)
Meditation
4:7:8 breathing exercises (fantastic) and easy to do anywhere
A good idea Rainagain to share ideas.

Three Roses

Books are my #1 go-to when I can't lift myself out of the mire. "Adult Children of Abusive Parents" by Steven Farmer. "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie. "The Body Keeps The Score" and "From Surviving To Thriving". There is something about holding a book and turning the pages that I find comforting.

Sometimes videos if I don't feel like reading. John Bradshaw is always good. https://youtu.be/9PjAXINemG4

Cleaning the house with loud music on.

Walking, or sitting on my deck, breathing fresh air.

Cuddling with my dog.

The mantra, "I am here, this is now, I am safe."

Reaching out to a friend or posting here.

Something creative, like painting or drawing.

Here's a :hug: for you, if you like.  :)

Rainagain

This is working for me, already got a few extra additions to my first aid kit, thank you.

Wattlebird, the hat/bandana thing is epic, no matter how odd I think I'm getting you guys are on my wavelength....

LilyITV

These are some great ideas.  My first aid kit is pretty sparse right now.  Right now I have:

1) This board
2)  Youtube videos
3)  Deep cleansing breaths