Lucky's story and pictures (POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNINGS)

Started by Vrizzy, August 30, 2015, 09:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrizzy

(TRIGGER WARNINGS MAY APPLY)

Around July of this year my grandparents went on a trip. Everything was normal, we looked after their parrot Tuco, dogs Himmel and Peppermint, and their koi pond for them. On their way home, they saw something in the middle of the road: a little white bundle of fur barely bigger than a man's hand. A car drove over top of the bundle, and they worried the small creature had gotten hit. But the air of the car passing overhead blew the creature's fur back and he stirred. It was a small kitten, barely a few weeks old. Grandmother asked Grandfather to stop the car, and they stopped. Grandma picked up the small bundle of fur and brought him home. Grandpa and Grandma decided to call him Lucky and raise him as their own. They've raised baby animals before, so they knew a bit of what they were getting into. They had to help him with the ear mites and fleas he had acquired, but those could be cured relatively easily. They stopped to get his flea problem taken care of and set up an appointment with their vet to see about his overall health.

Lucky wasn't weaned when they brought him home. It was anyone's guess who the other animals of the house would react to the new arrival. Peppermint, whom is only about a year old and had been the baby of the house, sulked a bit and didn't seem to like Lucky much. Himmel, however, is an elderly gentledog and adopted Lucky as his "puppy". Tuco, the resident smart-mouth, didn't seem to mind Lucky, although he does eye him wearily sometimes. With time, Lucky has grown into a confident, happy kitten who has since been weaned from milk and now eats solid food. He acts like a normal kitten, and is full of mischief! He loves playing with Peppermint (whom has taken a liking to him) and will sometimes fight with her. Himmel tolerates his hyperactive kitten behaviors and Tuco just watches with interest and slight apprehension.

Lucky is a miracle kitty. He has gone through some things in his short life, and the abandonment he experienced is beyond belief for anyone who has a heart to comprehend. Why someone would leave a helpless kitten in the middle of the road is beyond me. I'm just glad Lucky met my grandparents. He's going to have a great life and grow into a handsome cat. (I think he is a mix between an American Shorthair and an Oriental Shorthair just by looking at his features. His face is a bit narrow like an Oriental Shorthair but a bit rounded like an American Shorthair. He also has a bit of a slender build in comparison to the more hardy build of the typical purebred American Shorthair).

Lucky when he was brought home.

Lucky a few weeks later

Lucky now

woodsgnome

Dear Lucky,

I've enjoyed knowing you via Vrizzy's tales.

My person, Woodsgnome, has yet to figure out the new camera stuff (does Polaroid still exist?). But with your pics, doesn't matter--youre "me" just 9 years ago, appearance wise a match. Even at 9, I'm still playful, too. Got to see 2 fawns out the window here the other day, but the bear I saw made me head for the upstairs loft, even if Woodsgnome told me it was just a big mouse. Since when?

Woodsgnome doesn't know where I came from, and I ain't tellin'. Anyways, just wanted to say hi to "me" that is you 'cause you're not "me" but danged if I know how to say it right.

Signed, Mystic

PS from Woodsgnome--Mystic does have a habit of peering into the computer scrren and so really did see Lucky's image. No audible purr, but he was prob just being coy.

Vrizzy

Dear Mystic,

Wow! I have never talked to another cat before!!! I am glad you are reading my story and stuff! Vrizzy has told me about what some people are saying about me and she said there was a kitty who I look like! Wow! That's so cool!!!!!!!!!

What is Polaroid and what are pictures? I'll have to ask because I don't know things since I am little. Oh well, maybe I will find out!

Oh my gosh! What is a bear?! Is it like a big dog?! That must have been so scary!!!!!! I hope you don't see another one! Oooo, fawns sound so cool!!!!! Wow, you sure have seen so many cool things!

It is nice to hear from older 'me'! I don't want to tell the others where I came from before the road so I think I'll keep that quiet!

I hope you catch lots of mice!

With love,
Lucky

P.s. (Vrizzy here) omg you guys are adorable! Mystic sounds like such a sweetheart and I'm glad he has a good home with you, Woodsgnome!

arpy1

vrizzy this is such a brilliant thread. the only thing it triggers in me is good triggers, warm and fuzzy ones like

omg that is sooooooooooo cute, you are so adorable, little kitty, i want to take you home... sort of stuff that wld make my son hurl.

but i think it's lovely and i'm so glad you put it up.

i wish i cld have a little kitty tho

Vrizzy

I wish I had a kitty too. Lucky's not my kitty, unfortunately. But I'm glad you find him cute and I know he is happy to put smiles on the people's faces!

Dutch Uncle

And they say dog owners look like their dogs:

[attachment deleted by admin]