Forum for Discussion about Religion, Personal Philosophy?

Started by Kizzie, September 09, 2015, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Great, we'll set that up.  We'll also shift some relevant threads into the new child boards.  If you see a thread that should be moved plse PM any of the Mods and we'll see about shifting those as well.

Tks for all the great discussion and feedback on this everyone!

Dutch Uncle

The "Religious Abuse" section seems to have vanished into thin air.

Any particular reason for that?

woodsgnome

I noticed the r word's disappearance as well. The last "preview" did list it as included.

obviously someone writing about religious abuse could put it in different areas, which is what was done so far anyway. So much of it, though, originates from those r experiences, as was discussed in the thread.

Meanwhile, kudos to Kizzie and the mods for taking this on, and soliciting opinions--lots of boards would probably just go ahead without asking the members. Thanks.
:applause:  :applause:  :applause:

Kizzie

No reason other than old age lol.   :doh:  It has been included now.

Dutch Uncle

tired

Using religion as a way to manipulate children is a good topic. They got away with it because no one dared challenge them (in my case it was my parents).  I feel like if I don't find a way to talk about it that is accurate (and therefore not offensive), then they win because they were able to silence me in some way.

Kizzie

Hi Tired - Sorry to hear your parents manipulated you using religion, it seems like it is common  unfortunately.  :hug:

I'm glad that as a community we were able to figure out a way for us to be open though. Yay us! :cheer:  Now that there is a separate section which is about abuse specifically, anyone can feel free to post in the religion board specifically about how it was used against them, without insulting or upsetting those whose faith was not used in this way. :thumbup:

Dutch Uncle

Dear Kizzie,

I want to take the opportunity in this thread to express my gratitude and admiration for the task you've done.

Not only have you handled this complex and sensitive subject with openness, fairness and diligence, but you also did the momentous task of splitting the old section into separate child boards and rearranged the posts into each category. Not a simple task for sure, as many of the threads were not so easy to categorize from the subject title only.

I hereby want to extend to you a heartfelt :udawoman:

arpy1

i second that, Kizzie. thank you for all the work you put in  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kizzie

No problem!  It's always great to have some good discussion and feedback into making OOTS relevant for everyone.  :yes: