Concentration and memory problems

Started by Boatsetsailrose, November 05, 2015, 08:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimsy

I am sorry to hear about your mothers troubles and passing seriousann333!  :hug:

But I think you have a pretty healthy view on things, I don't think I would be that terrified to learn that I had psychotic symptoms either since it can be treated and it doesn't mean that you're a serial killer! (like most people might think, sadly).
It could quite possibly be genetic and I think it's a good thing that you suspect this because now you have time to figure out what to do if you go in to a full psychosis.

seriousann333

Thank you for your kind words. It's validating and reminds me that she was real. I was in foster care for a few years after our initial separation. Eventually adopted.
I've had a great life mixed with unacknowledged grief by caregivers. How dare a Little orphan girl grieve for her mother! She's supposed to be soooo grateful to be rescued!
I've learned after a lot of self reflection that emotions are complex. I can grieve my loss of her AND be grateful to have been given a better life. I can love my adoptive parents and love her too. Love is boundless!
When I have visions, they remind me of my link to her and my connection to her. She didn't have much to give. She gave me my spirit and I'm eternally grateful.
Peace and healing to you.
Thanks for your empathy and compassion.

steamy

Just to add to the thread, this is something I suffer from too. I used to fall asleep when being nagged by girlfriends and had trouble at college, staying awake in lectures, lecturers think that you have been out all night but I realise now that under stress its a form if dissociation. Try to convince anybody of that ;)

I would also struggle with learning things, much of my degree was verbal exams, with lots of medical terminology, which just used to float out of my head in the exam. I used to get terrible grades. Terrible grades increase stress and breed terrible grades its a continuous cycle. I can't believe how ignorant teachers and lecturers are to these things.