Don't feel good don't know why

Started by tired, November 18, 2015, 10:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tired

This is mostly how I get. Not sure if I'm sad or scared or what just find myself thinking I don't feel good.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi tired
Thank u for posting
Yes I get this too and can't put it in a category

I'm learning to self soothe - accept the feelings and be with me-
I'm just reading p walkers bit on self mothering and self fathering - may help u too

Being gentle and doing self care things is important at these times
'Normal people feel this way too I think :)
For me I can easily get frightened of not feeling right and I try to remember it so ok and it will pass - always does

tired

Interestingly making rules for myself helps and maybe that's self fathering.

I sometimes don't know what I'm supposed to do next in the day

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: tired on November 21, 2015, 02:02:32 PM
I sometimes don't know what I'm supposed to do next in the day.
Is this before or after you know what you want to/have to do 'now' in the day?

Serious question.
If it's before, it's probably best not to worry about it. If it's after: I can relate.

Boatsetsailrose

I really understand this - it's my experience too - what next what next and panic !

I'm learning that I can 'feel into it rather than rack
My brain

Am also realising lately that I can feel like I'm in a high state of emergency over 'what now ' and am learning that I'm not in a war - I am not surviving for my life

Echart tolle ( power of now) asks 'Do I have a problem right now - right now
The answer I usually have is 'no

Meditation helps - try 30 mins each morning - connecting to greater awareness - not with expectation but letting go -
It's helping me a lot

tired

it's when i have things to do but i can't decide which is the logical next thing. like right now.  i have all afternoon . should i nap and then clean the house or should i clean and go to bed early or should i do some studying to be a better trainer and what is the point of any of those because i don't have anyone until monday.  i'm tired but i couldn't fall asleep. maybe i could try again, but i already wasted an hour trying.

i tried watching tv and realized something that bothers me more and more each day.  i hear a phrase, then i mentally repeat it a few times. until i hear another phrase that for some reason makes me repeat.

i started thinking about it. it exhausts me.  the words repeating repeating.

i also get depressed about my failures.  over and over again. and then i get scared when i do well. i don't know how to process that information.

i do that kind of self talk about asking myself if i have a problem now.  that works. 

i guess when things go right, that means i'm not in a war and so my next task isn't "survive the next moment without dying". the next task might be something relating to planning my future and that's odd to me. why would it be depressing though. you'd think i'd be excited.  sometimes i am but not usually. usually the thought of the future and how well i could be makes me feel good for a split second then i crash, like i'm on a bad drug.

Boatsetsailrose

Yes I have a very driven nature - I am starting to realise
Lately am changing the 'shoulds' to the could or maybe or I'll enjoy doing this and then who knows ...

Yes obsessive mind and black and white mind - self reproach one end and fear the other
Opposites of compassion for self and faith

Convalescent

The first thought that popped into my mind when I read your post was... "check this out". I recognize myself a lot in having it awful, but a lot of the time I can't pinpoint what it is, or define it. It's a blurred state of being in *. This video helped me a little (actually a lot I think, but it needs to grow on me). I just watched it a little under a week ago, and I've been thinking a lot about what he said since. I really think he's onto something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHiFnJ2Mx68

:hug: