Today I am grateful for .... (Part 2)

Started by Kizzie, February 17, 2016, 01:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danaus plexippus

Today I'm grateful the rep from my credit card company let me know my recurring charges would be automatically transferred to my new card which I have not yet received. I didn't even think of that till I tried to enter the garage at work this morning and my access card failed to admit me. At first my mind raced. How can I fix this, who do I see, call, contact on line, do I have a user name and password for the garage and if so WHAT ARE THEY? :fallingbricks: I'm grateful climbing the 114 steps to my office helped burn off some of the panic. I'm grateful I'm able to climb 114 steps first thing in the morning while in a panic. I'm grateful there was a little bird up on the roof of the garage singing sweetly. I'm grateful it's going to rain later today. Our reservoir is still low and I don't want to witness another brushfire. I'm grateful bright green spring leaves have unfurled on the trees and the coming rains will keep them from wilting. I'm grateful my orchid is in bloom and I took the time to smell it this morning. I'm grateful my cats let me hug them till I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Danaus plexippus

Today I'm grateful my phone service has not been cut off. After receiving three "Why haven't you paid us?" texts from my phone company, I called them and explained my old card had been canceled due to fraudulent activity and my new card with my new number was "in the mail." The nice lady at my phone company granted me a 10 day grace period and even waved the $5 late fee.  :cheer:

Kizzie

arpy1

my four little ratties, Winnie, Elsie, Dot and Nell, who are making my life more bearable with their crazy sweet ways and the affection they give. they're currently rootling around on my desk, stealing my tissue and chewing my papers. and it makes me feel better even tho i don't think i can be brave enough still to post about what's going on in me atm.

Kizzie

Awwww - they sound cute Arpy!  Last week was a bad week for me and one thing that helped (along with my real life dog), was watching YouTube vidoes of cute animals when I couldn't sleep - love the silliness and joyful abandon of little critters. We also have a nest of three little baby birds out my office window so that was fun to watch. 

I guess I should say I am grateful for animal therapy  :rundog: 

Danaus plexippus

After my checkup yesterday with my retina surgeon I am grateful I will not need another surgery on my eyeball at this time. The retina in my left eye tore three times and came close to detaching from the macula, but my doctor caught it in time. The exam is almost as painful as the surgeries and leaves me with blurred vision and a headache. I'm grateful I can see to read today, also the sunrise this morning was spectacular.

Danaus plexippus

today I am grateful I went outside. I felt like sitting in front of the computer nonstop all day. Then I remembered the Out of the Storm rule "Don't sit in front of the computer all day. Get up and go outside." So I did. The sky was so beautifully blue and the clouds were so brilliant and fluffy. The trees are full of bright spring green twinkling leaves and the pansies are blooming in every combination of colors and what a lovely smell fills the air. Well I had to log back on and contribute to this thread. I hope everyone gets to enjoy as lovely a day often. 

Wife#2

A smile, a hug and a kiss from my son. That I can almost take for granted, he's so generous with them.

A job - some days I'm sure they're going to fire me. Others, I'm just grateful they let me return again. (PS - this attitude through a recent transition in my job was commented on by all of management).

This website. I believe it'll help me heal with my C-PTSD, which in turn will strengthen me to help my H heal from his C-PTSD, which in turn will help us both NOT repeat the same mistakes with our son.

My husband. We have our issues and I am not certain we're going to make it. But, today, I am grateful for him. He knows I'm going through something, but has learned that I will protect 'it' like a mother bear until I'm ready to talk about it. He's giving me some space.

LookInside

My new house on a new hill, my new room designated to painting, my puppy, my wonderful man, a fresh start, and sobriety.

Wife#2

Air conditioning! And a roof over my head to enjoy it under.

Friends who allow me to support them with their 'stuff' and who support me with my 'stuff', even when all our stuff is hitting at the same time.

The little bird I found on my walkway this morning. It did not appear injured, but was most unusual - not even walking away from me when I approached to investigate the little thing. I hated to leave it, afraid that it was easy cat-bait. But, I couldn't bring it in my house - the dogs would consider it a treat. So, it was calm and still on the walkway so I left. When I got to work, I called H to check on it. It's gone now. I hope into a tree or somewhere else safe. I'm grateful I got to see the little creature this morning. Changing this average Tuesday into a special day.

LookInside

Danaus plexippus

My sister and I used to watch it every week. I'm grateful for the time we got to spend together.

Jdog

The ability to feel gratitude even though I am down with the flu.

Wife#2

Quote from: Jdog on July 22, 2016, 03:37:32 PM
The ability to feel gratitude even though I am down with the flu.

Get well soon, I hope, Jdog

Jdog