Evaluating the diagnosis of Complex PTSD

Started by DavidMasson, March 25, 2016, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidMasson

Hi everyone,

I hope my post reaches everyone in good health!

My name is David, and I am a Psychology student based in Edinburgh, Scotland. I am fascinated by the processes involved in PTSD and Complex-PTSD.

Because Complex-PTSD is a relatively recent classification of PTSD, I hope to get some opinions from the users of this fantastic community regarding positive and negative thoughts surrounding Complex-PTSD diagnosis.

I'd super appreciate it if anyone would be willing to share their experiences of Complex-PTSD with me:
- Has a diagnosis of Complex-PTSD benefited you? Has it frustrated you?

I am interested in all feedback surrounding Complex-PTSD.

If anyone is willing to share their experience and opinions with me, please reply to the feed, or contact me directly at: davidmasson.dm@googlemail.com

Thanks guys, take care!
David

Dutch Uncle

Hi DavidMasson  :wave:

Thank you for your interest in cPTSD.  :thumbup: We appreciate it.
In the interest of our members we have drawn up Guidelines for Medical/Mental Health Professionals.

If you would be so kind to
QuoteContact the Site Manager (Kizzie) if you want to solicit participants for research.
that would be much appreciated.
We take the privacy and safety of our members at heart, and I trust you do as well.

I hope and trust you'll understand our concern, and wish your research will benefit both you (as a student) and us (as cPTSD-folks).

Respectfully yours,
Dutch Uncle.

Kizzie

Hi David - We're glad to hear that as a professional in training you are interested in knowing about CPTSD.  As you suggest it is a relatively new diagnosis and the more information we can contribute to the knowledge base about the disorder the better.

Understandably we are cautious here so we would appreciate it if you could tell us more about which university and program you are with, and what you will be using this information for.  If you are just looking for general information for a course paper then members can certainly answer your questions here.  If you are looking for data for a research study, however, then you will of course need Informed Consent forms from participants.

Just PM me with the requested info or post it here and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks again for your interest.

Kizzie
Site Manager