been away a while,struggling a lot

Started by foggy, August 13, 2016, 11:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Nice to meet you, I'm happy you checked in here. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling.

We may be just Internet friends but we do care about you. Please keep us updated.  :)

Dutch Uncle

:hug: to you, foggy.

Good to have you back.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi foggy
I can relate to your struggling - I've been there too ...
It will pass ( it just doesn't feel like it when we are in it

Keep sharing ... It helps me a lot

foggy

thank-you for your kind comments, been really low,dont know why,been doing soom good work at a refugee camp in greece,so feeling thats good and worthy,but just gone into a spiral downwards,seems like all the members off the band(depression,anxiety,stress,etc,etc,etc)just invited themselves back in,i do not want to die of this,i do not want to be defined by this,i am more than cptsd,much more,i am worthy,very hard to be open after years of denial,guilt,shame etc,triggers are everywhere,anyway only my very kind thoughts to everyone here

Three Roses

Kind thoughts to you, hoping for a healing breeze to blow your way soon.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi foggy
I understand, feeling low is unfort something I am familiar with at times in my life... Talking about it somehow takes some of the power out of it and writing can be helpful too ...
Have you got the Peter walker book 'from surving to thriving ' many people here use it as a valuable tool for taking action around our difficulties ...
He is a cptsd sufferer and has come very far in his recovery
Maybe things at the refugee camp are triggering for you ? Or being away from home ?
Being kind to myself is important at times like this - there is an inner child tab here which I have found very helpful
Also remembering that I have come far is important - listing the ways I've grown and developed insight are good - when I am low it seems default to look at my recovery in a low light but that is not the truth  :hug:

Dutch Uncle

Hi foggy, I commend you for your work in Greece, but as Boatsetsailrose has pointed out: it may be too triggering.

Be gentle with yourself.  :hug:

Kizzie

Welcome back Foggy,  be kind and compassionate with yourself and keep on posting.  :hug:

foggy

Again thank you all for kind thoughts,I suspect this is why OOTS is so important,found my way here and just knew i was where i needed to be NOW,Wonderful.I know that there are personal stories here that i cannot any help to,they are way too outside my experiences,but i do understand being mutually supportive,and for that i am so grateful to have this forum to come back to,so thank you.still have,nt learnt how to start a new paragraph or to place an apostrophie so its one long ramble.Only here for another few days,took a couple of months out of self employment,now need to earn some money,so back "HOME" and there is  the real issue"youre responses forced me to think about the real reasons the boys in the band thought they could just waltz back in,"going home",luckily i have some work immediatly up in the northern isles,so not home for long,going to have to think about and confront this .It would be complete anathema to me for compassion for humanity,for altruism to slap me in the face ,im sure like the majority of people here that injustice to others,especially the vulnerable is intolerable,and it would have caused considerable unease in me not to try and help when given the opportunity,it sits easy with my conscience,again my thanks to you all,and as always only ever the kindest thoughts

C.

Welcome back Foggy.  I am happy to see you again! :thumbup:  I hope it has been affirming to you that the community is still here for you.