heart rate, anxiety

Started by Dee, November 21, 2016, 01:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

My heart rate had been fluctuating like crazy.  Due to my anorexia (been doing better) they had me wear a 14 day heart recorder.  The good news is despite the fluctuation, it had a normal sinus rhythm.  However, it did fluctuate between 38 and 146.  My average resting rate was 62.  I also recorded my activity during fluctuations and the cardiologist noted nothing remarkable.  He wrote unremarkable because my heart rate elevated during things like, standing in line, at a restaurant, shopping for groceries, etc...  I think I just established I have a lot of anxiety and probably more than a few panic attacks while in public.  My guess, the 38 was after I took clonadine.

sanmagic7

glad to hear you're doing better with the eating stuff, dee.  that's always important.

i know my blood pressure rises rapidly at times due to anxiety.  last time i went to the doc and was telling him about my thoughts on adrenal fatigue, and he took my pressure, it was nearly 20 pts. above normal, just from me being nervous and stressed about talking to him about it.    i really don't know about heart rates, tho, don't know what's normal, good, or bad.  i may have to look that up. 

keep up the good work you've been doing.  you are getting there.

Dee

That just happened to me.  My BP sits around 105/70.  The last time I was in it was 131/83.  My psychiatrist jokes about my BP being all over the place.