Coping skills

Started by Max, January 10, 2017, 03:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Just as a brainstorming idea, in case anyone other then me would find it helpful?  Brainstorm, because if helpful, I'm not sure how best or where to add on board.

What has and continues to help me most is identifying negative coping skills, whether my own or in others, that now that I understand I can hopefully identify and adjust in my own behavior in relating to others Vs reacting.  I know at ootf there are lots about coping skills with a PD.  But with cptsd, I have neg coping skills from childhood on top of no self esteem and poor boundaries, etc all of which I am just understanding as well and how it works against me. I recently posted about something that helped me in case it may help others but wasn't quite sure where to post. If anyone else thinks it would be helpful to have coping skills somewhere with successes or in general?  It won't hurt my feelings if it seems too redundant or no one is interested.

Kizzie

Hi Max - Always open to new ideas so tks for posting. There is a sub-forum "Ideas/Strategies for Recovery" here - http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?board=49.0.  There's also a sub-forum called "Successes, Progress?" in the same area. Maybe you can have a look through and see if one or both fit the bill.   

Max

Hi Kizzie, yes that is perfect. I missed it. Thanks!

Boatsetsailrose

Coping skills is a very good subject
' I have neg coping skills from childhood '
Yes I can identify ..
Coping is such a big thing for me and I often don't know how to quantify it
Got me thinking what's the opposite of not coping - resilience - strength - worth - esteem- life management -