Personal Stories

Started by Kizzie, January 13, 2017, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Thank you so much! I take being called brave as a high compliment. I tried to deal with my abuse when I was 16 and it went awry. It has taken me another 7 years to confront it again, and I managed to have a few more abusive relationships since that initial try... I am not NC with my FOO but I live a very far way away so it leads just naturally to pretty LC. I am just now dealing with my issues with my FOO.. Progress I guess.

Thank you again for the compliment. I am trying to be brave and strong everyday.

sweetsixty

You have the rest of your life to do this Elphanigh, as do Kizzie and I, we are all braver and stronger than we recognise to have even survived these stories.
Keep healing  :hug:

Elphanigh

Thank you Sweetsixty  :hug: That reminder is great. I am always wanting to rush it, so I can just be done and move on to the life I am trying so hard to create for myself. So thank you  :hug:

Candid

Quote from: Sweetsixty on August 01, 2017, 07:35:36 PM
I'm NC with my most of my FOO and any I'm in touch with wouldn't be on this site anyway. Beyond that I've actually decided that in anyone else should ever recognise my story then it doesn't matter. No more secrets has to mean no more secrets.

I agree, Sweetsixty. In fact not long ago some of us were thinking in terms of organised marches.  :band: It did wonders for the gay cause. Why should we feel isolated and ashamed? I'd really like to put CPTSD into public consciousness. Force recognition from the psychiatric community. Give hope to those in the closet.  Bring light to the beFOGged: none of this is your fault.

Anyone reading your story could only be filled with admiration that you did more than survive unspeakable horrors, you thrived and made a success of your life. I salute you!  :worship:

sweetsixty

Oh Candid that's a lovely thing to say, thank you so much, I feel quite humble.

I think our instinct is to minimise what we have endured and always think others have suffered more. Your support means a lot  :hug:

Lingurine

Well done Sweetsixty   :thumbup:

Lingurine

sweetsixty