When the narc disappears

Started by Contessa, March 04, 2017, 05:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Hello all!

I've been trying to research this but can't find an answer, so could some enlightened person please share their thoughts? I'm more curious than anything.

Long story short, was the target of a smear campaign at work. It was clear to me because I was in an abusive relationship with someone quite new there: they were smearing someone else with me, stopped smearing them when we started arguing and it became tremendously abusive, then he was immediately in a relationship with another co-worker in a matter of days, people stopped talking to me, etc etc etc. The well worn script of someone with a PD.

Anyhoo, because of all the chaos and hosility, and being a fighter, I exposed what happened to the powers that be. Because it was just insane and I was at my wits end.

Now, I have not seen him once since. He still has work to do but is not there. People are talking to me again. The gf after me has been hurt as well. Looks of derision are turning to smiles, i'm starting to be included again.

I'm curious... does anybody have insight into what has happened to him?

sanmagic7

well, contessa, not being there, i really don't have a clue.  my only guess is that now that he's not getting any narc supply from the people in the office, cuz they're turning back to you in a pos. way, that he doesn't have any fuel for his narc. fire.  no fuel, no reason to hang around - he's gotta find it somewhere else.  that's all i can think of.

once again, you handled this mess with grace and dignity.  kudos to you!  big hug!

Contessa

Mysterious! But this time in a good way.

Back to life I guess