Threat assessment

Started by Rainagain, September 30, 2018, 10:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainagain

I believe I can now see the people that are likely to cause me harm.

I believe I can see cptsd or PTSD in others, to me they seem defensive violent, not aggressive naturally but with a look about them that I feel I have too.

Its hyper vigilance I guess. I think i can pick up on the little cues people show. Most people are unaware of threat, I can see that they aren't thinking about it at all. Others are alert and alive to it but in a defensive way. Others are watchful but appear to me to be malevolent.

Does anyone else see this? I could be getting delusional, but it seems real.

Deep Blue

Yes Rainagain,
I absolutely feel like this.  There was a psychologist named Paul Ekman (sp) that talks about microexpressions.  On a whim I took an assessment on interpreting facial expressions.

My score was very high.  I would be considered a natural.  When you look at the type of people who are "naturals" they develop this as a defense mechanism.  People with a history of trauma need to interpret if someone is going to harm them quickly.  This means we pick up on subtle cues that others don't notice.  We adapt in order to survive.  Our abuse gives us this hypervigilance and an ability to notice it in others

Boy22

Quote from: Deep Blue on September 30, 2018, 10:26:35 PM
Yes Rainagain,
I absolutely feel like this.  There was a psychologist named Paul Ekman (sp) that talks about microexpressions.  On a whim I took an assessment on interpreting facial expressions.

My score was very high.  I would be considered a natural.  When you look at the type of people who are "naturals" they develop this as a defense mechanism.  People with a history of trauma need to interpret if someone is going to harm them quickly.  This means we pick up on subtle cues that others don't notice.  We adapt in order to survive.  Our abuse gives us this hypervigilance and an ability to notice it in others
I just wanted to echo this, it sounds so in tune with my experience.

Rainagain

Thank you for the replies, Its not a great way to look at the world but we have good reason.
Better to be guarded than unaware I think.

Three Roses