Disclosing some of my childhood sexual abuse - Trigger Warnings

Started by Hope66, March 28, 2017, 06:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

Forgive the need to give you a huge Mama-Bear hug. I also had an image, much like the bears used in commercials. She is big and she is ferocious in defending her babies. She would die to protect you. YOU are worth that much. Keep Mama-Bear in your heart, I am honored that you have welcomed her there.

Mama-Bear is right behind you, encouraging you, letting you know that you have a RIGHT to think for yourself, do for yourself, be yourself. If she sees you faltering, she will be ready to jump in front of you. Not to invalidate, but to support you until you feel the courage to stand in front again. Those who doubt, who invalidate, who diminish, they will get to see her huge fangs and revealed claws. They will get a face full of her breath as she roars them back away from you.

You have my permission to copy these posts as you see fit. I meant them for you, but if you want to share them, they are your gift to do with as you please.

One last Mama-Bear hug!

Andyman73

Hope,

You should always be allowed to feel like dancing as if no one is watching.

As for fierce momma bear... the momma bear in the Leonardo De Caprio movie The Revenant...is as about as fierce as you'll ever see. And if you scare easily...please do not try to see that.

Andy :phoot:

Hope66

Hi Wife2 - Your Mama Bear has been so comforting as an image for me - I have used it in my imagination to tackle some of the memories, and it has helped.  Thank you!

Hi Andy - Yes, I've seen that film, and you're right, that Bear in The Revenant is frightening indeed!!!  It shows what a bear will do if provoked. 

I've made the bear more cuddly - as she's my "Mama Bear" but it's good to know what she could be capable of, in the right circumstances!

Thank you both.

Hope  :)

Hope66

Just wanted to add that it was a lovely thing to say that someone should be able to feel like you can dance without anyone watching, that is lovely.  Thank you Andy. 

Andyman73

Quote from: Hope66 on December 15, 2017, 10:58:13 AM
Just wanted to add that it was a lovely thing to say that someone should be able to feel like you can dance without anyone watching, that is lovely.  Thank you Andy. 

You're quite welcome Hope.

DecimalRocket

It's amazing how ideas can change us. Totally invisible, yet powerful in their own ways. Without people, these ideas would have never been born. We keep them alive, and some of them can be deeply healing.

Hope66

Hi Andy & Decimal Rocket,
Appreciate both your comments very much.   :)

Wife#2

Because people are being nice to you, Mama Bear is curled up with a paw next to you. All you need do is tap her paw and she'll be up. She may seem asleep. You may crawl all over her soft Mama fur and find that just-right spot to feel safe, comfortable and loved. Where ever you end up, she'll be one tap away from wakefulness and readiness.

Hope66

Hi Wife2,

I love having 'Mama Bear' as a Protector, she is incredible, and so are you, for bringing her into my life - thank you so much - just imagining her lying sleeping, but being reactive if I need her - it is very consoling to me at so many levels, and most of all I think my Inner Children really feel her presence and it's made them feel braver and more bold - less afraid.

:hug: to you, and to Mama Bear.   :hug:

Andyman73

Hi Hope,
Just stopped by to see how you doin? That momma bear 🐻 next to you sure is real big! Pretty color! Kodiak bear?

Andy

Hope66

Hi Andy,
Yes, I think that Mama Bear is a Kodiak bear - they are huge!!!  Very protective.

Andyman73

Hi Hope,
Kodiaks are massive! Like Polar Bears but brown.

Hope66

Hi Andy,
Yes, I was looking at some photos of them on the internet, and they are incredibly big.

Andyman73

Hope,

Big enough to scare off even the most incessant aggressor.  ;D  :bighug: