Request by Writer to Interview Mbrs for Series about Bullying

Started by Kizzie, May 20, 2017, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

I have been contacted by a writer who is doing a series of stories for Zoned Comics about adults who were bullied as children/youth and their path to healing and recovery. As per his email request below, he would like to interview OOTS members with an inspirational story to pass along to children/youth who may be in the same situation. Although he prefers to use real names and a photo, he will preserve anonymity of you so desire.  If you would like to participate, please contact Jose directly at JGonspy@gmail.com

Hello,

I'm a writer working on a series of articles featuring adults who have faced trauma such as bullying in childhood and are willing to share their stories of recovery with youth who are currently dealing with this. Considering the long term recovery of Complex PTSD, I understand everyone's journey to recovery may not be complete, but if you feel you've learned something from your experience, and healed in a way that young people might be able to learn something from, I hope you would consider sharing your story.

This series of articles is for the Zoned Comic Competition, which runs an annual competition turning inspirational bullying stories into comic books for kids put together by Marvel Comics. There are a few examples of the blog posts already online you can read to get an idea of what they're like.

The process is fairly simple, I conduct an interview either through e-mail or the phone getting the details of your story, and then write up using your own words as much as possible. The post would go up sometime in early June, though if multiple people are interested in participating, there may be more articles in future months.

Generally speaking, I've tried to feature people who are willing to share their name and a few pictures of themselves. A story tends to have more strength when people can see who it's about. That said, if you aren't comfortable sharing your name, we can possibly work out a way for you to remain anonymous.

If there's any more information you'd like to know, or you're interested in participating, please contact me at: JGonspy@gmail.com