Vision impairment and this board

Started by Bitterdregs, June 24, 2017, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitterdregs

This board may be impossible for me. I'm vision impaired and can't do capchcas. I just tried to send a message to kizzie and it took a long time. I kept failing and I'm on an iPad so I have no alt button.  I have no idea if she got my message and it's not in any kind of sent folder.  I can't see what I'm writing because the increase font doesn't show until after the post is made. This is why many people write in all caps which is prohibited here. I don't even know if I can do the capchca to make this post.  Not a very handicapped friendly site or list of rules here.

Blueberry

HI BITTERDREGS! WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

SINCE ALL CAPS MIGHT BE EASIER FOR YOU I'M DOING IT. I 'REPORTED' YOUR POST TO KIZZIE SO THAT SHE WILL DEFINITELY SEE THAT YOU TRIED TO REACH HER. NOT EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD IS IN THE SAME TIME ZONE SO YOU MIGHT NOT GET AN ANSWER RIGHT AWAY.

I HAVE A FRIEND WITH CPTSD, WHO IS ALSO VISION IMPAIRED, SO I CAN EMPATHISE WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. MAYBE YOU ARE THE FIRST VISION IMPAIRED PERSON HERE OR THE FIRST ONE TO SAY ANYTHING? I'M NOT A MODERATOR AND CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING FOR YOU BUT IF YOU GIVE THE MODERATORS SOME TIME MAYBE SOMETHING CAN BE DONE TO HELP YOU. THIS IS ACTUALLY A VERY SUPPORTIVE FORUM FOR CPTSD, SO OF COURSE IT WOULD BE GOOD IF YOU COULD JOIN IN. WHAT IS THE BEST SIZE OF FONT FOR YOU? I'M JUST GOING TO INCREASE THE SIZE AND HOPE IT'S ENOUGH.

Three Roses

We really want to make this site as friendly for everyone as possible. There was a member a while ago that posted in larger font, usually purple, and people who were bothered by that just knew not to read her posts. Or, to be ready for them if they wanted to read.

Hopefully when we get a new tech support person (ours had to leave), we can do some brainstorming to see if it's possible to accommodate more types of users.

You don't say if you identify with having CPTSD? I hope you are able to make yourself at home here!

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS.  :heythere:  I did receive your email this morning when I logged in.  We are not able to be on the site all the time,  so if you don't receive an answer immediately please know we usually respond within 24 hrs.

With regard to the size of the font, is it because you are using an iPad that you can't increase the size?  Do you have access to a computer? I don't know if/when we will be able to include a feature to make text larger here as we lost our IT person.   Please know that we are all volunteers here so we do what we can when we can but can't promise anything immediate. 

As for why you keep having to fill out the bot check every time you sign in, I'm not sure quite why that is happening so I will need to check with the Admin at our sister site Out of the FOG and see if they might have an idea.  This may take a day or so so.

Kizzie