Having graphic nightmares csa *trigger warning*

Started by dressymessy, March 30, 2018, 08:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dressymessy

I just want to preface this by saying I don't remembe if I was abused sexually and I'm stil just confused in general but I've been getting flashbacks and have a registered sex offender in my family no one cared was around children and who knows who else.  Just a confused vent. Thanks for being here everyone.
:grouphug:

Ive been having some terrifying nightmares lately.  This last one was really sexually violent regrading family members and involved my sister getting raped.  I'm not sure if I should ask her if she remembers anything or not as she is generally very fragile.  I just don't know what to do in regards to this right now.  It seems like any time I forget what did or could have happened my body finds a way to bring it right back up.  My sister is the only one I have contact with in my family. I considered opening contact again with others but I think it's for the best I don't and Im kinda unsure about keeping the relationship with my sister too.  I just feel drained and I'm angry that I had to wake up frightened. 

Dee

Do you have a therapist?  You have some ligament concerns here and I feel you would benefit from exploring this with a therapist.  Unfortunately, when the box is opened the emotions can be overwhelming, especially when there is no foundation.  The same might be true for your sister.