Going No Contact After Being Disowned

Started by finallyfree, August 23, 2017, 06:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finallyfree

:hug: I am so sorry to hear you are going through the same dysfunctional nightmare. It truly does hurt so much to have to especially at our age start over distancing ourselves for self preservation from our families. I feel completely cheated on the one hand and blessed on the other I am finally removed from it. It always upset me, I worried constantly about them and all of their crazy antics, that they eventually scapegoated on to me??? It was pure emotional abuse. I wish you all the best moviing forward and pray time will help you heal. My close friends are my family, the ones I chose to have and not the people I was sadly born into having to survive and endure.
God bless you!

finallyfree

UPDATE, I sadly ran into my niece yesterday that the fight my sister and other niece had was over. She came up to me and the first thing she stated was my sister is "good now" and then she immediately started grilling me with questions she said they have about me and where I am living. I was caught off guard, and thankful she was alone and not with any of my other former family members. So I told her I hope she is ok, I could not do this with her and that I had to go and I turned around and left. I am sure she immediately ran back and told them she saw me and I can only imagine what her version of what I actually did say was. At least I got out of the situation and was kind but removed myself from it. It felt like she was attempting to suck me back in telling me how my nephew misses my son??? She is apparently one of their flying monkeys.

Rainydaze

Hi finallyfree, sorry to hear that you had to deal with bumping into your niece unexpectedly and all the questions that came with it.  :hug: I think you dealt with it really well, you were polite and didn't succumb to any pressure to try to justify anything. If your nephew does miss your son then that's unfortunate for him but life goes on and that's not something for you to feel guilt over. Your number one priority is keeping yourself and your family of choice safe from the dysfunction and it sounds like you're doing very well with that.

finallyfree

Hi Blues_cruise,
I thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. They are exactly how I felt, I was proud I could just keep it short and walk away with no guilt. It is hard but you always have to keep the reality of the situation in perspective and I have been able to do that. I feel fortunate to be able to do it. I hope you are well and I hope my story can help someone else in some way. Perhaps just knowing it is possible to walk away and finally live in peace instead of toxic chaos. I know it is extremely hard and much easier said than done. Thanks again for your kindness and advice.
Gratefully,
Finally free