Poem by Michael Leunig

Started by Deb, August 29, 2017, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Hi,

I came across this poem today and it spoke closely to me. It's what I experience, so I wanted to share it here:

Let us pray for wisdom. Let us pause from thinking and empty our mind. Let us stop
the noise. In the silence let us listen to out heart. The heart which is buried alive. Let
us be still and wait and listen carefully. A sound from the deep, from below a faint cry,
A weak tapping. Distant muffled feelings from within. The cry for help.

We shall rescue the entombed heart. We shall bring it to the surface, to the light and
the air. We shall nurse it and listen respectfully to its story. The heart's story of pain
and suffocation, of darkness and yearning. We shall help our feelings to live in the
sun. Together again we shall find relief and joy.

ah, this describes my heart so well. So much pain locked away because its terrifying to feel that much pain, grief and fear on my own. I don't yet have the skills to hold myself and be a safe person for me.
Does anyone relate to this?

Three Roses

QuoteWe shall rescue the entombed heart.

But how is this done?
QuoteWe shall bring it to the surface, to the light and
the air. We shall nurse it and listen respectfully to its story

I hope one day you are able to tell your story here. You won't hear, "just stop thinking about it" or "if you forgive you'll feel better" or any other unhelpful suggestions.

AphoticAtramentous

Thank you for sharing this, Deb.
A poetic reminder of my own heart, as well.