Any un-related to C-PTSD phobias?

Started by AphoticAtramentous, August 30, 2017, 01:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainydaze

Quote from: briasmith12 on July 08, 2018, 01:40:08 AMKdke, I feel the same way about gravity/the universe. If I go stargazing and get too engrossed, I think I can actually feel the Earth moving and spinning in the galaxy, in the universe, and I freak out a little.  :aaauuugh:

Oooh I sometimes feel like this too. If I'm lying on the grass staring at the sky I start to freak out at the sheer vastness of it all and imagine floating up and up. There's just too much up there to comprehend, it boggles my brain and I have to roll over.  :blink:

Other than that, wasps. Or any large flying insect, like may bugs. Spiders I'm perfectly fine with, but give it wings and I'll run a mile from it!

Boy22

Wetas - an NZ insect. Google them 😜

And Heights

Three Roses

woodsgnome

Hoping not to jinx myself by confessing to my phobia about bats (the flying sort). I mean, I know very well they're beneficial, gobble up loads of mosquitoes, etc., but they can be hard to maneuver and coax back outside if they manage to get in a building.

Actually, the diving/escape quality just mentioned can be funny  >:D at the same time, but I'd rather they keep their unpredictable nature outside (they're cool to watch in the moonlight). That said, it's been 20+ years since I've had any inside, and the early ones were due to my inadequate roofline insulation, long since repaired.

And I didn't even mind my inner critic pointing that out...and if only icr would stick to pointing things like that out, we'd get along much better.  :rofl: