Letter to 7 year old self

Started by CepheidVox, September 22, 2017, 06:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CepheidVox

Hello Laurel, it's Me.

I love you. I know you feel like no one loves you but it's not true. Lots of people love you, they just didn't know how to show it to you.

I'm sorry that I was mean to you and yelled at you; I didn't understand who you are and what you do for me every day. You went through things no child should have to go through and you're very strong for doing it. I'm so grateful to you for taking those memories and fears and keeping them so I could be free from them most of the time. I know it hurts and I hope we can share that burden now so you don't need to be hurt all the time.

It's okay to be scared and sad and angry because I can protect you and tell you it's okay. I wish someone could have done that for you when it was happening. I'm here now, I can help you now that I know you're there and need help. You are loved and you are safe from now on, I promise.

Love,
Me

Blueberry

Hi Cepheid,
I read this a few hours ago. I'm happy for you that you were able to write this to Little You. You sound like a really caring Big You to look after and empathise with Little You.
:hug: