Started by LittleBird, September 25, 2017, 07:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBird

Deleted.

AphoticAtramentous

:hug:
Beautiful writing there, Sunrise.

woodsgnome

Thanks for both of these poems, Sunrise. They speak to the essence of what cptsd was, and is, like. It's so hard for others to understand how deeply these core wounds are.

One line from each pulled heavily on my heartstrings.

From "tele vision" it was this: "Surrounded by darkness, fixed on an eclipse, my eyes are damaged". This became literally true for me; sometimes I'd end up rubbing my eyes, extremely hard, for hours after abuse...eventually I was diagnosed with glaucoma and had to have surgery for it. While the experts all stuck to their natural causes explanations, I know this rubbing contributed. It was as if my child self was saying it didn't want to see my shattered world anymore.

From "Gentle Permission" your concluding line speaks eloquently of any hope of gaining recovery/wholeness from this. You said: "Don't measure your journey but focus on the significance of your steps."

Thanks again for using your creativity to share these truths.

:hug:

LittleBird

Thank you, both.

Oh, woodsgnome... I understand this, with the eyes.

I'm glad you liked that last line. It's something I've been trying to say to myself forever. I'm happy I found the words. It's good when we can allow ourselves tenderness.