Special Ed

Started by barbidoll, October 01, 2017, 07:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbidoll

Okay I am going to put this here because I can remember being sexually abused as a kid but I am almost certain there was emotional abuse. So I think it was first grade but I remember being pulled out of class by someone and them having me walk a straight line across a shadow. As an adult I remember finding papers that said I had been in some kind of special ed program. i think the paper said I was withdrawn. Anyway I always thought this was because I was shy. Now I am wondering if I was actually showing signs of trauma and no one realized it. Anyone else think this might have happened to them? Maybe its weird to question but I have so few memories of then that I actually have been in denial about the effects of my childhood abuse. Oh this was in the '80 to put a little context in it.

Andyman73

Barbidoll, while I was never singled out for anything like that. I do know that I started getting in trouble in class for spending more time looking out the window than the blackboard at the front of the class. Was second grade...cuz I got all my report cards, and from that year on...all of them had comments about not paying attention, or talking...not loudly, but in general, during quiet times or teacher led instructions.  I think my grades kept the thoughts of having me assessed, away, grades were always good.