Self-Care and Self-Educating, ch.2

Started by tea-the-artist, October 13, 2017, 06:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Quote from: tea-the-artist on August 26, 2018, 03:07:34 AM
and yeah blue, this has always been the one place I can actually write without fear. I think I have this issue with my journal because of the constant broken boundaries i dealt with growing up. so I was constantly in a state of feeling like my journal is everyone's: for everyone to read, to comment, discuss, advise, etc etc. so it's a bit of a new feeling to be able to say "no" to replies, discussions and whatnot. hopefully i can exercise that ability? right? power?

Yes of course you can exercise that right! Atm it's not quite clear to me though how you want to implement this. Do you want no comments in your Journal? So no complements either? or  :cheer: etc.? Or just not any discussions or advice? Will you maybe post in here how you want us to treat your Journal (and maybe other posts of yours) in the future? You can of course always Report to Moderator if a mbr goes against forum guidelines (like with advice-giving). You can report my posts too - they go to Kizzie then as Admin. Mods aren't above the rules and sometimes make mistakes or misjudgements too :thumbdown:

tea-the-artist

pretty much two months later i've decided to end this journal. feels kinda quick but this is just a whole new part of my life and i want to keep my thoughts organized here and that makes sense for me.

Quote from: Blueberry on August 26, 2018, 01:10:58 PM
Quote from: tea-the-artist on August 26, 2018, 03:07:34 AM
and yeah blue, this has always been the one place I can actually write without fear. I think I have this issue with my journal because of the constant broken boundaries i dealt with growing up. so I was constantly in a state of feeling like my journal is everyone's: for everyone to read, to comment, discuss, advise, etc etc. so it's a bit of a new feeling to be able to say "no" to replies, discussions and whatnot. hopefully i can exercise that ability? right? power?

Yes of course you can exercise that right! Atm it's not quite clear to me though how you want to implement this. Do you want no comments in your Journal? So no complements either? or  :cheer: etc.? Or just not any discussions or advice? Will you maybe post in here how you want us to treat your Journal (and maybe other posts of yours) in the future? You can of course always Report to Moderator if a mbr goes against forum guidelines (like with advice-giving). You can report my posts too - they go to Kizzie then as Admin. Mods aren't above the rules and sometimes make mistakes or misjudgements too :thumbdown:

blue those are some good ideas for rules. im starting a new journal tonight so i'll put up rules. that's a really great way to implement boundaries in a personal space like this.

just going to close this chapter and say i'm glad i made it. i'm proud that i made it. i'm exhausted but what i get to experience now is more than I ever could while living with FOO. it's well deserved, no matter how long it took me.

Three Roses

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

There's another person here who doesn't want comments in their journal and has put that right in the title, so no matter when you start reading the thread it's very apparent they want no comments. Good idea, I may do that, too... 🤔

Blueberry

Quote from: tea-the-artist on October 09, 2018, 01:20:06 AM
just going to close this chapter and say i'm glad i made it. i'm proud that i made it. i'm exhausted but what i get to experience now is more than I ever could while living with FOO. it's well deserved, no matter how long it took me.

Definitely well-deserved tea! You've done great :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  :hug: It's great you can feel pride in your achievements and I'm so happy for you that you are now experiencing "more than you ever could while living with FOO". :waveline: :yourock: :fireworks:  (Hey, maybe this is the last time I can express my admiration for your successes.)

tea-the-artist

thanks so much blue!! having pride is one of few things we get awarded due to trauma so it's such a nice feeling to have!

Quote from: Three Roses on October 09, 2018, 03:36:46 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

There's another person here who doesn't want comments in their journal and has put that right in the title, so no matter when you start reading the thread it's very apparent they want no comments. Good idea, I may do that, too... 🤔

yeah that's true! could be really useful for staying self-focused and not getting too distracted/side-tracked by discussions!