TRIGGER warning; questions about/for survivors of violent crime, war etc.

Started by lexx, October 21, 2017, 06:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexx

Elphanigh,
You're right of course.. we can understand each others feelings :)
Thanks for your reply.. I guess my worries were partially about being able to talk about pasts like mine, and not ending up either silent in conversation, or monopolizing it..
One reason I don't tend to be in survivors groups.. but after thinking about all this.. I am usually actually pretty strongly introvert. It might actually just be me. I certainly feel I'm welcome here.. so maybe I would have been in such a group if I'd actually talked about my life back then.. no way to change the past, but it's given me some food for thought..
:)

Elphanigh

I am glad that you feel welcome here. I promise you can talk about your past here, you won't get silent responses or be monopolizin.  :hug:

Rainagain

Lexx,
I certainly go in for soul searching, try to make sense of things that don't really fit together at all.
I've just read a post that I totally identify with. Another useful puzzle piece.

Some people do journals on here, that might be a place to post, keeps it all in one place?

I'm trying to focus on understanding my symptoms, it makes me feel closer to the others on here as everyone's traumas are unique to them I think.

I'm glad you are here.

Andyman73

lexx,

I'm still learning about what I've been through. I still minimize so much of the "lesser" stuff. Maybe I'm not ready enough to see or understand it all. For me, it all was hidden away, or accepted as normal and not abuse of any kind. I don't even know how to catagorize some of it.

Kizzie

I changed the name of the sub-forum again to mirror the one in the adult forum "Economic, Social Political Trauma" and added a better description:

Any situation in which trauma as a child was ongoing with no real/perceived avenue of escape (e.g., violence; homelessness; poverty; exploitation; human trafficking; war/civil unrest; displacement; refugeeism; oppression; racism, etc. 

Hopefully this will better capture more of the causes of CPTSD.