Anyone else getting floored/shaken by the #Metoo movement?

Started by deptofhearts, November 20, 2017, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

*TW*

Everyone who has harassed me has been promoted in some way. Even when I reported them. I was raped, sexually harassed and bullied, and the target of character assassination. I stood up for myself.

My professional prospects disappeared. Theirs have flourished.

Andyman73

Contessa,

I am so very sorry that you've been retaliated against, indirectly, but still very strongly like that. Do you have copies of the reports? If so, you certainly have grounds for a lawsuit against your employer, if you wish to go that way.  You are the perfect example of one of the biggest reasons people never reported any of their workplace harrassment and abuse. Because so many employers do as they've done to you.  I am so sorry.

As for me, there is no reporting option. I don't recall any sexual abuse or harrasment at my workplace. And all the others...I've got no idea who, what, or where...so, kinda leaves me out in the dark for that anyhow.

Contessa

Yeah i've been told several times that I do, yes.

Short answer, no. Nothing was handled properly in my opinion. I have my recordings and email trail... but I fought so hard that finally shutting off has given me the emotional break.

I'll admit the anger has been seething

radical

I'm sorry it has been so unfair.
It's lucky we are strong, but it doesn't take the pain away.  Seething anger is pain that  is hard to live with, is a very real anguish.
Be kind to yourself, when you can

Contessa

Yeah that it is. Thanks Rad. Am always grateful for your support during that nasty assassination x

Andyman73

Contessa,

I'm so sorry you got treated the way you did, both the sa/r and from your employer too.

Contessa

Thank you Andyman. And sorry for that little spat, all, we're all dealing with unbelievable weight.

Andyman73

Quote from: Contessa on December 15, 2017, 01:55:18 AM
Thank you Andyman. And sorry for that little spat, all, we're all dealing with unbelievable weight.

Spat? Not see it. Sounded like righteous indignation to me. But I not normal, not see things right...or left, sometimes.

Andy :phoot:

Contessa

Ha, yeah. Thanks Andyman. Just felt like I hijacked the thread to make it about me.

Back to it.

Andyman73

Quote from: Contessa on December 15, 2017, 10:55:56 AM
Ha, yeah. Thanks Andyman. Just felt like I hijacked the thread to make it about me.

Back to it.
Sometimes, I'm guilty of hijacking threads too. Try hard not to, though, always feel real bad afterwards.

deptofhearts

hey Contessa, super sad to hear that... SO UNFAIR. I can understand you seething with anger - I know the feeling well.
I believe you and am amazed in your fight - you stood up for yourself and thats awesome. Like super awesome. Channel channel channel that anger! Writing, kickboxing, art... got to keep our anger from settling in us (all of us), keep it moving and processing. Especially when we've met a brick wall and we don't get the justice, but only salt rubbed in the wound. Great to hear from you and don't worry about hijacking threads, fine by me! we are never going to be perfect in a setting like this XXX

Contessa

Thank you depth of hearts.

Yeah, very unfair. I was just trying to do my work, that's it. At first I was getting accolades, something I had never experienced before. It was good. But that didn't suit some people, all men.

Weird experiencing a downfalls (yeah more than one) when you haven't done anything to anyone. They got ahead, I no longer have any professional prospects in that field.

Andyman73

Contessa,
They don't deserve your wonderful talents anyway! I hope you find better and brighter prospects in your very near future!

Rowan

#metoo.

#invisible

#silenced

It contributed greatly to the recent turn of events - maybe I should show gratitude that it forced me into therapy, although the introspection has turned me inside out. It makes me feel more of an outsider. More broken.

Rowan

Andyman73

Rowan,
You not outsider..here, you insider. Not broken more...just starting to understand what brokeness is there already. Me....I been getting lots of that eversince leaving future abusive ex-wife.

safe  :hug: if okay.