POLL #2 - Re "Complex" in CPTSD

Started by Kizzie, November 20, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

There is quite a bit of initial discussion about changing any/all of the words in CPTSD here - http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=6758.0 that you may want to have a read through it before voting.

AphoticAtramentous

I personally like the 'complex' part quite a bit. It's like a little reminder to myself that I'm a complex human being with a complex past, and it's okay that everything feels complex because it is!  :stars:

I like vanilla

I am realizing that the complex depends on what happens to the rest of the phrase. Currently the 'complex' is in the context of 'as opposed to regular PTSD'. If the phrase is changed entirely then complex is possible but not necessarily necessary.

p.s. is post #1 the first one on the thread where we started talking about the naming?

Blueberry

Quote from: AphoticAtramentous on November 21, 2017, 02:08:22 AM
I personally like the 'complex' part quite a bit. It's like a little reminder to myself that I'm a complex human being with a complex past, and it's okay that everything feels complex because it is!  :stars:

I've actually voted for Cumulative and stand by that. But I have joked about the 'complex' bit a few times, saying to people "it's basically pretty complex!", meaning the whole kit and caboodle of CPTSD. Not even really as opposed to PTSD, but just everything I deal with in daily life with this disorder / injury.