Why did you choose your signature?

Started by DecimalRocket, November 21, 2017, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecimalRocket

I was inspired by SanMagic's post on asking why people chose their username and thought I'd make another getting to know question.

I'll post my own reason soon. But now I'm distracted by some interesting hobbies.

Haha. See ya.

woodsgnome

Mine reflects on the paradox of seeking the light but becoming trapped further in one's own darkness, or dark night of the soul. The known world is gone but something more powerful is growing in its place.

Three Roses

I change mine a lot. When something occurs to me like my present signature ("Adequate self care is the first step to a healthy, symbiotic relationship with the rest of the natural world"), or if I read an inspiring quote, I figure if it resonates for me it will for others, too.

AphoticAtramentous

My fictional character I've made has a habit of nervously laughing and it's adorable.  ;D When I think of nervous laughter, I think of him, and it's a nice little get-away from whatever is going on around me IRL. Also, laughter is medicine. Can't cure everything no, but it's nice and fun. :)

Elphanigh

I chose mine because it is part of a poem that I ran across when I needed it most. It is something that reminds me of basically the most important thing for me in my recovery journey. Also because others here have noted that it fits me. Particularly Wife2, she and I went back and forth on a thread at one point about it. Remembering that has helped me on my most difficult days.

May I ask where you found Sanmagics thread?? I am curious to read it, but can't locate it

songbirdrosa

Mine changes every so often, but the current one is just lyrics from a song that I really connect with. The main line of the chorus is "we can get better because we're not dead yet", and I think it's really appropriate for where I'm at right now.:)

alliematt

I'm a Doctor Who fan, and my sig line is a response that the Doctor gives to someone who says she's not really important.

Blueberry

"Should is never good, for me" reminds me to query the "I should.. / I ought to..." thoughts in my own head. Should / ought to is often what somebody else thinks I should be doing. Often abuser/enabler thoughts in my head  - Inner Critic. Or things I think I "ought to" be able to do because 'everybody else' does. Except a) they probably don't and b) even if they do, they're probably not struggling with CPTSD.

These thoughts are pretty firmly entrenched in my mind so it's good to remind myself to query often.

Elphanigh

I love both your signatures so much. Mine changes occasionally between two poems (or parts of them). For me they serve to remind me of my own goodness and worth. A reminder that I am more than all thr things that have plagued me. It brings me hope when I read it

sanmagic7

i love to learn, and am a teacher by nature, and i believe that everything has something to teach us or that we can learn from which will ultimately enrich our lives by broadening our horizons.