Feeling frustrated - TW - Letting off Steam...

Started by Hope66, November 21, 2017, 04:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope66

I feel frustrated today - I am NC with my FOO - but it seems that my M wanted to communicate  with me today - and she sent me an E-mail.  However it was bizarre - she put a title of 'Family news' in the title, and then inside it just had the name of a relative with her birth date and death date - and that was all my M wrote. 

It was such a cold and callous communication to my mind - especially as I have never known the relative in any meaningful way - I have NO memory of ever meeting her (an Aunt - the sister of my F) - and to my knowledge my M and D haven't had any meaningful relationship or contact either - so why is she doing this?

I guess it's to get some kind of reaction from me - but I won't reply - I don't reply anymore to any communications. 

I felt a strong reaction at first - like fearful - upset - frozen - but then emotions of anger came - and that is how I'm feeling now.  Angry.  Angry that she can just act in this bizarre and horrible way.  Cold, callous, and manipulative.

:stars:

Anyway, glad to be able to express this here...

Hope  :)

goth_mike

Sorry to hear that.  Sounds from here like your anger reaction is completely normal and healthy, at least you've got away from it.  Perhaps "mark as junk" may be tempting to click on...  I've done that when (non FOO) previous abusers have tried to "track me down" on social media.

Hope66

I just did what you suggested Goth_Mike - I put that E-mail in the Junk box, and actually it felt really good - I feel so much better now.  Thanks for your reply  :)

Blueberry

I'm glad putting it in the JUnk box helped. The anger sounds healthy to me too. Yay for you!  :hug: