The Age Demographic of CPTSD

Started by AphoticAtramentous, November 22, 2017, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AphoticAtramentous

So this was just a curious thought of mine - that is COMPLETELY non-compulsory by the way, you can take part or not if you'd like. But I see a lot of people afraid they're alone here because of their age, they may believe they're too old or too young? Well I know for certain there's people here of all ages and I'm interested to see exactly which ones are more prominent and also hope that the poll will encourage others to speak up and feel less alone. :) CPTSD affects people of all ages, I believe. And it's a good thing to remember.

To the mods, if this poll is a little too personal or intrusive or whatever, feel free to remove it. Haha, or move the topic if it's in the wrong place. My curious desire for statistics can get the better of me sometimes. ;)

SE7

I think this poll is a very interesting commentary on when a lot of us may come to awareness about our abuse and the resulting C-PTSD. I did not become 100 percent aware of all aspects of this until age 46 so it's interesting to see my age category here.

DecimalRocket

Yes, it is interesting. It looks like I'm the only one under 17. I bet that's because I'm the type of person who's interesting in researching about everything, and I eventually came across learning about trauma.

avamolly

I'm in the 50 - 75 group, it's interesting that those who have voted so far are in the older age groups. I would have thought the opposite ratio, especially as there is more information out there these days which wasn't available when I was young, it has taken a long time for me to get to this advanced stage of recovery, still working on it  :Idunno:

Gromit

Quote from: DecimalRocket on April 04, 2018, 12:33:31 AM
Yes, it is interesting. It looks like I'm the only one under 17. I bet that's because I'm the type of person who's interesting in researching about everything, and I eventually came across learning about trauma.
I am surprised there are not more youngsters. The Internet wasn't widely available when I was starting out on my journey of self discovery. I didn't come across anyone thinking I was a victim of child abuse until I had a child, & I was 30. It has taken me some time since then to find some answers, luckily I it didn't take me so long to go LC with my FOO. It doesn't help that these ideas are not well known amongst therapists here. I find alternative therapists, yogis etc are far more engaged, perhaps because they work with the body, not just the mind.