A request for help from members who are able

Started by Three Roses, November 23, 2017, 03:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Hello, everyone! Thank you to each one of to you for being a part of this forum. Our voices together do make a difference, bringing awareness and helping to inform both sufferers of CPTSD and others about our experiences of our condition. Not an illness, an injury; not our fault, not in our heads. Not a figment of our imagination.

As of this writing, we have 4,437 members, and three moderators. Moderators are necessary here to keep this a safe place to share. As you can imagine, it is sometimes a delicate balancing act to be able to encourage the expression of our experiences and pain, without going too far over the line or becoming harsh with others.

It is sometimes a thankless task, and as we are very human and damaged ourselves, we sometimes fall short of our goals.

I'm asking each of you to ask yourself if you can be involved at some level. If you see a post that bothers you, just click the "Report To Moderator" link at the bottom of the post. This will bring up a pop-up window where you can say exactly what bothers you about the post. It is completely confidential.

It can be scary, I know, but let me assure you - no one other than the mods will know. It also gives you a chance to experience speaking up for yourself! The moderators may choose to just privately interact behind the scenes, so you may not even be aware of any action being taken - but your help in this is most appreciated!

If any of you have ever considered volunteering to be a moderator, please send a private message to Kizzie, Dee or me and we'll answer your questions.

This is much longer than I wanted, so I'll end here, but thanks for reading and considering!
:heythere:

AphoticAtramentous

You moderators do such a good job of helping run the place, so I just wanted to say good job!  :applause:
But I shall aim to be more involved in helping you guys out! :) Would love to.

sanmagic7

you know i wish i could help out in a more formal capacity.  unfortunately, i'm just too unstable.  i have reported posts in the past, and will continue to do so if something seems out of line to me.  i'm really sorry i can't do more.

kudos to the mods - you do a marvelous job here.  you really do.  if i ever get to the point of some kind of peace of mind, i'll join you in a heartbeat.  hugs all around.

Three Roses

I know I speak for the mods and everyone else, when I say that self care comes first!!! There is no shame in taking care of yourself and only doing that which you feel "up" to.  :yes: believe me I totally understand - moderating does get rough at times. I'm still learning!
:heythere:

Kizzie

Yes, self-care must always come first so plse don't feel you SHOULD help out - nasty word that!  :yes: