The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

need more break time.  just some peace of mind for a few moments.  rocker and a blanket of no problems. 

Elphanigh

Going to sit on the porch today in my favorite chair. Think I will make a cup of tea, then find a blanket full of comfort and peace. Will be here if anyone needs me  :hug:

sanmagic7

i feel like sitting here today in my rocker doing my rewriting.  i want to hear the waves, feel the air on my face, eat a bit of whatever is around - i know someone always brings some kind of goodies here - smell the campfire, and look out over the sea of caring people who might also be here.  it's like a hug for all the senses. 

woodsgnome

Something's missing out here at the shore...ah, I know--toys.

So here's a start--it's a beach character and he comes with a name--Puff the Magic Dragon. Feel free to visit, and bring some of your own toys and/or pals if you have them--he loves joining in with you. Mostly he just revels in knowing YOU. Maybe soon old lonely Puff will find a host of new playmates... :grouphug:

Sceal

Hahaha! I had completely forgotten about Puff the Magic Dragon! I think that was one of the first english children songs we were taught in 2nd grade (although most of us already knew the disney songs at the time). I'd like to bring in a character too then. It's also from a children's song, It's Captain Black Bill. He's a mighty pirate!

Blueberry

I'll go down and dance on the shore with Puff the Magic Dragon. Have the tune in my head.

Three Roses

Elphanigh

I miss her too, Three Roses. It is good to have a piece of her here but is never even close to the same  :'(

Sceal

I want to stay here until monday 13.00 my time. That's when my exam is finished. I've worked so hard the past two weeks, and my mind is all mush and swampland now. I having difficulties forcing myself to concentrate to read. So I would have loved to have my worn out brain get some healing and better memory consolidation from this magical place.

Blueberry

May all the magical properties here and just the fresh air de-mush your worn out brain! I hope you feel better and that you do as well as you can on your exam. However it goes, you're still loved as and appreciated for the person you are on here.  :hug:

Sceal

Aww, thank you Blueberry. If there was a blush -emote now would have been the appropriate time for me to use it!

LearnToLoveTheRide

What a beautiful thunderstorm we had last night. Rolling in from the ocean, water beat heavily down on our little retreat. But it was such a relief from the mid-thirties centigrade oppressive heat that has been sitting over us for weeks.

I sat on the edge of the porch and got completely drenched.. I loved it.

Then the lightning started up, crackling all around the porch, lighting up the forest and the mountain top towering over us.

The Littles started screaming at the lightning so I had to go inside and soothe them while the storm raged overhead.

It was magnificent! Nature!

Elphanigh

The rain and moving ocean are such wonderful things! Even more fun when we can danc or just stand ad enjoy s nice warm rain with thunder in the background. I definitely love to enjoy these storms as well :hug:

Elphanigh

Coming here because I quite literally feel like falling over out of pure exhaustion. 3 hours of sleep on either side of a 17 hour work day, and then to attempt another 15 hour day.... needing to repeat the process again tomorrow...

Am going to find mt favorite hammock, and just collapse. Getting even just a few minutes of rest with an nice breeze

Edit: Sorry that was whiny. I apparentally really need that nap

Blueberry

I hope you have many more good naps Elphanigh. :zzz: :zzz: It really sounds to me as if you need them. Even back in my 20's I wouldn't have managed to work the hours you do. Would've collapsed long since. I'm glad you have more power and stamina.